Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Notes From Underneath the Mistletoe

‘Twas the night before Christmas…sorry couldn’t resist. So, Christmas is my hands-down favorite holiday. You are allowed to binge on food without people looking at you like you were one of the animals present at Jesus’ birth, you get to curl up by the fire and watch holiday movies and tell everyone what you’re thankful for, and it’s the only time of the year where you can pick up eggnog at the grocery store.

 A big part of the Christmas season to me, is sitting down to watch my favorite Christmas movies. Tonight, Shan and I will chill out in front of the TV to watch Home Alone 1 & 2, Gremlins, Christmas Vacation, and of course Die Hard. We (the Easter family + Shan) all sat down to watch Home Alone 2: Lost In New York the other night, it was Maura’s first viewing and it was fantastic to see the light, yet slight worry, in her eyes whenever Harry or Marv were injured. Another bonus, for me, when it comes to Home Alone 2, is I get to hear one of my favorite Christmas songs in the middle of the movie…..Enjoy.

 

 

 

Aside from becoming a vegetable in front of the television, we will exchange gifts with my uncle (Mom’s brother) and cousins, Shan’s family, and Greg & Char. Funny thing about our gifts for everyone else, we got them yesterday. As you can tell from that little factoid and from keeping up with my blog, I’m a world-class procrastinator.

 So, that’s about it for my plans for the evening. On Christmas day, we'll spend some time with the Lewis side of the family here in Lincolnton, then on the 26th, we’re going to my grandparents’ house in North Carolina. It’s always fun to see them, we’ll exchange gifts, maybe go to a movie, play a few board games, and then we’ll head home.

 I know a lot of you are wondering, Mom is doing very well, she is done with chemo and she is feeling a lot better. This was a tough year, but I know it has made us all stronger.  It was bad, don’t get me wrong, but in a way, I’m thankful that I experienced that no one is untouchable, any of us can be caught off guard by life’s inconveniences. We just have to work through them and know that we’ll be stronger on the other side of them.

 I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, and to those of you who are going through tough times this Christmas, hang in there, you have people praying for you and thinking of you, whether you know it or not.

 

Merry Christmas,

ME

6 comments:

Amanda said...

hey, good to hear from you again. tell your parents amanda says hi and i hope you all have a blessed christmas! :)

Kristy said...

Wishing Yall a Very Merry Christmas and A Happy New year! I love watching all the Christmas movies too! My fav is Miracle on 34th St. Safe travels to you and your family! It is a good feeling to know that some where you are in someones prayers and we continue to pray for you and your family. Have an awesome time this holiday season!!
Love and blessings,
Kristy

Anonymous said...

I heard the god news about your Mom's last treatment..AMEN! Can't wait to see your family in Steelville, MO in April and hear your Mom's voice again. Can't seem to get enough of "Morning's Coming".

Nate Pritchard said...

What about Christmas Vacation and Elf?! Have you guys thought about doing the 12 Bands of Christmas in Augusta? A local gospel group did it a year or 2 ago.

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys have had a wonderful Christmas. Have a greatYear ahead!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Madison! Have you forgotten us? It's been awhile since you've blogged. How's your family? Could you bring us up to date on your mom, dad, and sisters. Thanks!